Jayapura – Jayapura Police Criminal Investigation Unit investigators have named 15 people as suspects in the riot at Lukas Enembe (Lukmen) Stadium in Kampung Harapan, Jayapura Regency.
“The 15 people have been named as suspects, following the previous arrest of 41 people following the riot following Persipura’s 0-1 loss to Adyaksa FC on Friday (May 8),” said Papua Police Public Relations Chief Senior Commissioner Cahyo Sukarnito to ANTARA in Jayapura on Monday.
He said the 15 people are SW, FVB, OJW, RW, EKW, ISO, AM, SPM, MSW, JMR, SEK, ABM, EW, AM, and TB.
“The 21 people who were previously arrested have been released but are required to report to the police,” he said.
The Jayapura Police have received 74 reports from the public related to motor vehicle theft, simple theft, assault, vandalism, and assault.
Police have also confiscated 35 motorcycles as evidence.
“People who feel they have lost their vehicles can come to the Jayapura Police to check if they have any of theirs. If so, please bring it and show the necessary documents before returning it,” said Senior Commissioner Cahyo.
