Wamena, May 21, 2025 — The law enforcement process against armed criminals in Papua has shown significant development again. The Law Enforcement Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz-2025 officially handed over the suspect Aske Mabel along with the evidence to the Wamena District Attorney’s Office, Wednesday (5/21/2025), in the phase II process for further trial.
The handover was carried out directly by a team of investigators led by IPTU Rusdyanto, S.H., Panit 2 of the Investigation Subsat, with a tight escort from Jayapura to Wamena. At the Wamena District Attorney’s Office, the submission was received by the Public Prosecutor, Dr. Kusuf Esti Ridliani, S.H., M.H. and Rizki Saputra.
The evidence that was also handed over included two long-barreled firearms of the AK-2000p type, two magazines, 71 sharp ammunition of the 5.56 mm caliber, one SS1 ammunition, and a number of other items that support the proof of the case.
Brigadier General of Police. Faizal Ramadhani, S.Sos., S.I.K., M.H., as the Head of Operation Peace Cartenz-2025, emphasized that this step shows the seriousness of the apparatus in cracking down on perpetrators of criminal acts that threaten public security and order.
“We want the public to know that there is no room for armed criminals to hide from the legal process. The surrender of Aske Mabel is part of our accountability to the public that every legal action is carried out professionally and measurable,” he said.
Brigadier General Faizal also expressed his appreciation for the synergy across institutions, including the support from the prosecutor’s officers who accelerated the prosecution process in accordance with the applicable law.
Head of Public Relations Operation Peace Cartenz-2025, Chief Commissioner of Police Yusuf Sutejo, S.I.K., M.T., also emphasized that this step is proof that the state is present through a firm legal approach but still upholds human rights.
“We continue to appeal to the public not to be affected by provocations from groups that aim to create chaos. Let’s together we maintain the stability and peace of Papua,” he said.
Aske Mabel was previously arrested in a joint operation for being involved in a series of crimes, including violent theft and illegal firearms possession. In addition, he is also being charged in a premeditated murder case, whose case file is currently still being completed to be submitted in the stage I process.
The Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz emphasized that law enforcement will not stop until all actors who threaten the security of the Papuan people are processed fairly and thoroughly.