30/08/2025
Berita Utama

This is KKB’s Criminal Record for Attempting and Burning Schools in 2023 to 2024

Jayapura- There were 12 school burning actions from 2023 to 2024 carried out by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB). This was explained directly by the Head of the Cartenz-2024 Peace Operation Public Relations Task Force Kombespol Dr. Pol. Bayu Suseno, S.H., S.I.K., M.H., Tuesday (7/16).

Bayu explained that the incident in 2023 occurred on Monday (9/1/2023), in which the armed criminal group (KKB) burned a school and shot at a cargo plane that was about to land at Oksibil Airport, Bintang Mountains, Papua.

“KKB set fire to SMK Negeri 1 school at around 10:00 WIT,” said Bayu.

In addition, school burning also occurred on March 12, 2023 in Yahukimo Regency, Dekai Distirk, Papua Mountains.

The burning of the YPK Metanoia Elementary School was carried out by the Armed Criminal Group which previously on March 11, 2023 shot at commercial aircraft at Nop Goliath Dekai Airport.

“As a result of the arson, the students of YPK Metanoia Elementary School were closed to avoid casualties caused by the KKB,” he said.

Then not long after on March 14, 2023 at 05.20 WIT the case of attempted arson of Dekai State Elementary School located on Jalan Seredala Dekai District Yahukimo Regency.

The Head of the Cartenz Peace Operation Public Relations Task Force said that from the report received from the Yahukimo Police that at 06.00 WIT, the Principal always came to turn off the school lights, but when he came, at around 05.45 WIT, the outer ceiling of class IV B was already on fire. Seeing this, he immediately put out the fire by sprinkling water.

“Based on the results of the crime scene, the Yahukimo Police Criminal Investigation Unit secured several pieces of evidence, namely one trash can which was burnt, one white tarpaulin which was burnt and one piece of wood which was burnt,” explained Bayu.

Then on March 16, 2023, the SMP N 2 Dekai Building, Yahukimo Regency was also burned down. The incident occurred on March 16, 2023 at around 01.25 WIT in the morning.

Bayu said that the school burning incident was carried out by 2 KKB elements. In addition, from the burning, there were school facilities that were burned down, such as school computers.

In addition, school burning also occurred on August 17, 2023, precisely in Puncak Regency, Central Papua. The school that was burned was SMA N 1 Ilaga at 13.28 WIT.

The incident began when Kopasgat Task Force Personnel Yonko 468 / Sarotama Aminggaru Airport Post initially received reports of thick smoke coming from SMA N 1 Ilaga school, Puncak, Central Papua.

Bayu explained that when he heard the report, the joint TNI-Polri apparatus immediately went to the scene and conducted a sweep around the school area.

He said that the incident was deliberately carried out by KKB to disrupt the 78th Indonesian Independence Day celebration.

Furthermore, three months later after the burning of schools in Puncak Regency, Ilaga District. KKB again burned the SMPN 1 Gome school building, Puncak Regency, Gome District.

The arson incident occurred on (10/11/2023) at 17.15 WIT which was followed by red flare shots 10 times from three different directions. After the burning of the school building a few minutes later, from a distance of about 400 meters shots were heard that led to the Preparatory Kodim Post.

“Security personnel then returned fire, causing the group to flee towards Kunga Village,” said Bayu.

Bayu continued to explain, after that, in the evening, at around 20.45 WIT, one Hona House was burned which was allegedly carried out by the same group.

Then explained Kombes Pol. Bayu Suseno that in 2024 there were 3 school burning actions recorded. First on Wednesday (1/5) today, at around 08.00 WIT, the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) reportedly burned down the Pogapa Inpres Elementary School (SD) in Homeyo District, Intan Jaya, Central Papua.

“The burning of the SD Negeri Inpres Pogapa building was carried out by the Keni Tipagau KKB group from Kodap VIII Kemabu, led by Undius Kogoya and Aibon Kogoya,” explained Bayu.

In the arson action, Bayu said officers in the field also heard a number of shots of long-barreled firearms fired from the direction of the KKB. “The location of the burning of the Pogapa Inpres State Elementary School Building is not far from the Homeyo Police Headquarters. Only approximately 50 meters away,” he said.

Not long ago, on Tuesday, May 21, 2024, at approximately 21.35 WIT, the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) returned to acting by attacking a kiosk in Madi Village, East Paniai District, Paniai Regency.

The chronology of the incident began with two people suspected of being from the KKB using a motorbike stopping by the kiosk owned by Arwin (34) to buy cigarettes, after receiving the cigarettes, one of the KKB pulled out a firearm and immediately opened fire.

Not only attacking, the Paniai region KKB also burned 12 kiosks at the T-junction of Kopo Kampung Madi, East Paniai District at around 00.15 WIT.

Furthermore, on Wednesday (22/5/2024) at around 02.55 WIT, KKB again carried out its action by burning the Paud, SD, and SMP YPPGI Kepas Kopo school buildings.

After burning the kiosk, KKB continued its action by burning several school buildings in Madi Village, East Paniai District.

And finally, school burning occurred on Friday, July 12, 2024 yesterday, where the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) returned to acting by burning the Okbab State Elementary School (SDN) building, in Borban Village, Okbap District, Bintang Mountains Regency.

“The Okbab State Elementary School building was allegedly burned down by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) on behalf of KKB Memokon, Jender Siktaop Alias Usoki, Aquino Kaladana, Yuni Mimin, and Enos Kakyarmabin,” explained bayu.

He added, the KKB who carried out the School Building Burning Action was allegedly the KKB Kodap XXXV Bintang Timur who previously shot one of the residents, namely Senus Lepitalen on June 6, 2024 in Borme District, Bintang Mountains Regency. In that action there was one single barrel firearm held by the KKB.

This school burning action by the KKB adds to the long list of violence committed by the group, which continues to disturb the community and disrupt security stability in Papua. The government and security forces continue to work to overcome this security disturbance and restore conditions in the affected areas so that people can return to their activities calmly.

Related posts

The Cartenz Peace Operations Task Force succeeded in arresting the perpetrator of buying and selling firearms in Depapre

Jubir News

Fighting Drugs, Directorate of Narcotics Investigation of Papua Police Socializes P4GN in THM Jayapura City

Jubir News

Dansat Brimob Papua : Kami Siap mengamankan Pildaka Serentak di Tanah Papua

Jubir News

Leave a Comment