01/09/2025
Headline News

Three Victims of KKB Brutality Identified, Two Survivors Evacuated After Hiding for 8 Days

Yahukimo – The Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) team of the Indonesian National Police has successfully identified three victims of brutality carried out by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) in Yahukimo Regency, Highland Papua. The identification process was conducted according to standard DVI procedures by a joint team from Bhayangkara Level II Hospital in Jayapura and the Medical and Health Division (Bidokkes) of the Papua Police.

“Today, we are providing an update on the DVI examination results for the three recovered bodies. In addition, we’re sharing the findings of the autopsy conducted last night by DVI Commander, AKBP Dr. Romy Sebastian,” said Police Commissioner Yusuf Sutejo, S.I.K., M.T., Head of Public Relations Task Force for Operation Peace Cartenz 2025, during a press conference on Tuesday (April 15).

AKBP Dr. Romy Sebastian stated that all three bodies were identified through matching antemortem and postmortem data.

“Label YHK/2025/012 has been identified as Sahar, YHK/2025/013 as Saharudin, and YHK/2025/014 as Haidil Isdar. Their data has been successfully reconciled. The bodies will be placed in coffins and then handed over to their respective families,” Romy explained.

Meanwhile, Dr. Glenn M. Nurtanyo, M.Kes., Sp.PK, Director of Dekai Regional General Hospital (representing the local government), stated that the three bodies would be buried in Dekai due to the condition of the remains.

“The victims have undergone decomposition, making it impossible to transport or fly them back to their hometowns. To prevent the risk of infection, burial will be carried out in Dekai,” Glenn stated.

During the same occasion, Commissioner Yusuf also revealed that so far, the joint team has successfully evacuated 15 deceased victims and two survivors.

“These two survivors managed to escape and hide in the forest for eight days. Thank God, they were found alive,” he said.

Joint personnel from the TNI and National Police are continuing to search the scene to ensure there are no remaining victims yet to be found.

Related posts

Papua Revote Process Still Ongoing, Public Urged to Stay Calm

Jubir News

Manokwari DPRK Urges Post-Election Unity and Focuses on Long-Term Development Toward Indonesia Emas 2045

Jubir News

Brutal! 11 Napi KKB Kabur dari Lapas Nabire, Satgas Operasi Damai Cartenz-2025 Bertindak Cepat

Jubir News