30/08/2025
Berita Utama Headline News

Evacuation of the Bodies of the Victims of the Massacre in Yahukimo Continues, 2 Victims Have Been Identified and 1 Pasutri Survived

Yahukimo, Papua Mountains – Efforts to evacuate the bodies of murder victims by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) in the Yahukimo Regency area continue to be carried out by the joint apparatus. Until Saturday (4/12/2025), a total of 11 bodies of the gold miner civilian community have been found. From that number, 4 bodies have been evacuated before and 7 others were evacuated today.

The details of the discovery location and evacuation status of the body are as follows:

– 1 body found in Pegunungan Bintang Regency, has been evacuated to Boven Digoel Regency Hospital

– 2 bodies were found at Camp 22, have been evacuated to Dekai Hospital

– 1 body found in Muara Kum, has been evacuated to Dekai Hospital

– 5 bodies were found at two points in Binki Village, the evacuation process is underway

– 2 bodies were found in Tanjung Pamali, the evacuation was carried out today after the team spent the night at the location

The Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) team from Bhayangkara Jayapura Hospital and Dekai Hospital has done an autopsy on three bodies. From the identification results, two victims were successfully identified:

1. An. Wawan from Crime Scene Camp 22

2. An. Stenli from Muara Kum Crime Scene

Meanwhile, another body from the same location is still in the process of matching antemortem data. If there is no family to pick up the body in the near future, then the funeral will be held in Yahukimo because the condition of the corpse is increasingly decaying and secreting liquid.

In addition to evacuating the bodies, the joint team also managed to save the couple, namely the Head of Muara Kum Village Mr. Daniel Nabyal and his wife Mrs. Makdalena Olivia Masela alias Gebi. Both of them were previously held hostage by the KKB group, but were released after two days because Daniel was a native of Papua, Yahukimo. They were evacuated using the Heli Bell Polri to Dekai Airport and immediately received medical services and trauma healing assistance from a team of doctors and psychologists of the Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz.

Head of Operation Peace Cartenz 2025, Brigadier General Police. Dr. Faizal Ramadhani, S.Sos., S.I.K., M.H., stated that the evacuation process will continue by paying attention to the safety of all personnel on duty in the field.

“We are exerting all our best forces to evacuate the victims and save the residents who may still be targets. The situation in the field is very challenging, but we still focus on completing this humanitarian mission quickly and carefully,” said Brigadier General Faizal.

This large operation involved a total of 307 combined personnel, consisting of Yahukimo Police personnel, TNI, and Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz 2025.

Head of Public Relations Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz 2025, Chief Commissioner of Police Yusuf Sutejo, S.I.K., M.T., again reminded the public not to spread unconfirmed information and hand over the entire handling process to the authorities.

“We urge the public to stay calm and wise in responding to information. Do not be easily provoked by misleading narratives. The security apparatus continues to work optimally to ensure the safety of residents,” said Chief Commissioner of Police Yusuf.

Evacuation of bodies and handling of survivors will continue to be carried out. The National Police through the Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz will also provide official information updates periodically to the public.

Related posts

Papua Provincial Government Ensures Food Availability to Support the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) Program

Jubir News

Simultaneous Corn Planting, Central Papua Supports National Food Security

Jubir News

Get to know the entire map of Papua and its cultural diversity

Jubir News