OKSIBIL – The Deputy Regent (Wabup) of Pegunungan Bintang Regency (Pegubin), Arnold Nam, S.AP, personally inspected the progress of the Public Kitchen construction to support the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) Program on Tuesday, March 18, 2025, in Esipding Village, Serambakon District.
“We have just conducted a direct inspection of the Public Kitchen construction for the Free Nutritious Meals program. Currently, land clearing is in progress and has reached 45 percent. Once the land is prepared, the kitchen construction will begin. We appreciate the Public Works and Housing Agency (PUPR) for swiftly taking action,” said Deputy Regent Arnold Nam.
According to Arnold, the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) program, which is a flagship initiative under the administration of President Prabowo Subianto and Vice President Gibran Rakabuming Raka, is expected to improve the nutritional quality of students across Indonesia, including those in elementary, junior high, and senior high/vocational schools in Pegubin Regency.
“Education also requires adequate nutrition to optimize the teaching and learning process for our young generation, preparing intelligent human resources for Pegunungan Bintang. Regarding differing opinions on the program, we focus on the positive aspects, namely providing nutrition for our youth and boosting economic circulation,” added the young politician from the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P).
Previously, the Head of the Pegubin Public Works and Housing Agency, Herman Sampe, ST, explained that his team had started land clearing last week to level the area.
“We have already conducted site measurements, and the land area obtained is 60 x 75 meters. It does not require filling, only site leveling,” said Herman.