Nduga – After the shootout between the Cartenz Peace Task Force officers and the Armed Criminal Group (KK) in Nogolait Kab. Nduga, hundreds of people who were evacuated from Nogolait village to Kenyam City have now returned to their hometowns in Nogolait, Nduga, Papua Mountains, Friday (02/06/2023).
The delivery activity of returning the community to their hometown in Nogolait, Nduga Regency was led by Brigadier General of Police Gatot Hariwibowo, S.I.K., M.A.P as Commander of Force lll of the Police Brimob Corps and involved hundreds of TNI-Police officers of the Cartenz Peace Task Force in the Nduga Region, Papua Mountains.
Nduga Police Chief AKBP Rio Alexander Panelewen, S.I.K. said the presence of TNI-Polri today to meet directly with the ladies and gentlemen of the refugees who have been able to return to their respective homes.
“Our presence in this place is that today ladies and gentlemen can return to their respective homes in Nogolait village,” said AKBP Rio.
In a different place, the Head of the Cartenz Peace Ops Public Relations Task Force, Kombes Pol. Donny Charles Go, S.I.K confirmed that it was true that the community returned to their village.
“It is true that TNI -Polri officers have escorted the community to return to their village in Nogolait, Nduga Regency,” said Kombes Donny.
Meanwhile, Pj. Nduga Regent Namia Gwijangge, S.Pd, M.Si, emphasized that the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) must not come to disturb the community in Nduga Regency.
“I hope and ask firmly today I want to say that your OPM or TPN-OPM group cannot come to disturb the community here anymore,” said Namia Gwijangge.
In addition, his party also thanked the TNI-Polri officers in the Nduga region for helping the community to return to their hometown in Nogolait after the shootout some time ago.
“I represent the community to thank the Nduga Police Chief and his ranks and all TNI-POLRI security forces so that the security situation has begun to normalize and help the community from the evacuation process from Nogolait at the time of the Shootout and today will be returned to their respective homes,” he said.
“We hope there will be no more bloodshed in this area, there are already quite a lot of civilians and TNI-Polri Apkam who have become victims of the actions of TPN-OPM,” he added.
Previously a firefight occurred between the authorities and the KKB, hundreds of people were frightened and evacuated from Nogolait village to Kenyam City to avoid casualties of the KKB.